Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ice Breaker Reflections

   It must be a sign of getting a little bit older with my reflections every day.
   Another Thompson Icebreaker to get my cabin fever juices flowing and I get all comfy after making the rounds in the pits. I look out at the infield and it hits me like a brick. No familiar Ford Pickup with the soft push bar and his signature large arm hanging out the window.
  During the winter we lost Gary Rouleau at a young age. He was out there over 20 years at the track every week to help and watch the Races.
  I look down into the stands and the familiar bushy un- kept hair sticking out from his Camo hat and a cold Bud in his hand and it dawns on me again another wake I attended this winter for Warren Hebert.
 Wow, A dose of reality. I open the starting Qualify  list and "NO" Ed Flemke Jr. 382 consecutive attempts and ended by time. Jamie Tomiano was here. But then again   "NO"    "Ole Blue"

New class of young guns to hopefully carry on a great opening Racing Season,  Wayne



2 comments: