Wednesday, September 24, 2014

NO Charges after Grand Jury Hearing against Driver, Tony Stewart

Statement from Tony Stewart

Kannapolis,N.C. (Sept.24,2014) - Following a thorough investigation and presentation of all the relevant evidence and witnesses to an Ontario County(N.Y.) grand jury, the grand jury has determined there is no basis for the filing of any criminal charges involving the tragic accident of Kevin Ward Jr. on August. 9,2014 at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.

The following is a statement from Tony Stewart regarding the grand jury's decision.

'This has been the toughest emotional experience of my life, and will stay with me forever. I'm very grateful for all the support I've received and continue to receive.

I respect everything the District Attorney and Sheriff's Office did thoroughly investigate this tragic accident.While the process was long and emotionally difficult it allowed for all of the facts of the accident to be identified and known.
'While much of the attention has been on me, it's important to remember a young man lost his life.Kevin Ward Jr.'s family and friends will always be in my thoughts and prayers."

 DA Michael Tantillo has announced at a press conference that Kevin Ward Jr. was under the influence of Marijuna at the time of the accident

Source P/R Dept. Mike Arning and AP wire service

No comments:

Post a Comment