Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Emily Packard Motorsports Forms Partnership with Joey Pole Racing for Select ACT races in 2016

Posted by Wayne G. Barber

EAST MONTPELIER, Vt. – This season will bring big changes for Emily Packard and her family-run 9ME Northstar Fireworks/Packard Fuels sponsored race team.  Just finalized, Emily Packard Motorsports and Joey Pole Racing have agreed to form a partnership for a minimum of 9 American Canadian Tour races for the upcoming 2016 season.  "I am really excited, and believe that this is a step in the right direction," said Emily.  "This is a big change for me, I have spent the last 7 years working with my previous crew chief, and now with this deal we start with a clean slate." 
 
As was previously announced, the Polewarczyk's will be fielding late model cars for Ryan Olsen this season, and in addition, they will be maintaining Emily Packard's cars for her at their shop.  "Our main focus is with Ryan (Olsen), but we will be helping set up Emily's cars and offer our input at the race track," said Joe Polewarczyk.  "We are very excited at this opportunity, ever since Emily has come on the scene, Joey and I have been watching her, and believe that she is a force to be reckoned with.  She's ready to win, and we hope to help build her confidence this year." 
 
"I'm pretty excited about this deal," Joey Pole said. "It's going to be very different for me (this season); I've been behind the wheel of some race car since I was 7.  My dream was to make it all the way, but my time has come and gone to make it, but I want to help someone else who may have that chance." 
 
Emily finished 4th in the American Canadian Tour Championship in the 2015 season, and had some great finishes last year, but that win still eluded her.  "I've known Emily for a while now and I am excited to get this chance," said Joey Pole.  "She's an unbelievable driver, and I think she's got what it takes to win.  It would be pretty cool if we can help her achieve it."
Currently there are 9 races on the schedule for Packard, but that is subject to change depending on how things progress.  "If we get into this deal and it's going really well, we may add a race," Packard said, "but if something happens at the track, we have the option to not run a race if we should need to skip one."  Packard's first race of 2016 will be the Oxford ACT race on April 17th.  Last season, in the 19-year old's first trip to OPS, she found herself starting from 20th position and worked her way up to 4th place and pressuring for 3rd as the laps ran out and the checkers fell.  All eyes will be on her this year as she returns to the track to better her finish from last year.  In addition to the 9 ACT races, there is the opportunity to put something together to possibly run the Oxford 250 this year as well. 
 
"The Polewarczyk's are great guys.  They have been really positive and seem to have a lot of confidence in me," Emily said.  "That gives me a lot of hope going into this partnership with them. 
Joey is a great racer.  Since I have been racing ACT, I have admired him as a racer and to get to work with him is truly an honor.  I am looking forward to getting the season kicked off in the right direction."



No comments:

Post a Comment