Monday, June 13, 2016

Getting To Know..... VMRS Driver Rob Richardi Jr.

Posted by Wayne G. Barber

This team has proven hard work and perseverance will payoff with improved finishes, plus the fact that this driver has been on a learning curve with the Valenti Modified Racing Series and his style is starting to pay great dividends. Look for this father/son team to be on the podium shortly.


Name -   Rob Richardi Jr.

Age  -     30

Hometown -  Taunton, Mass.

Occupation -  Hardware Engineer at Schneider Electric

Companion/Spouse -  Carly Damiano

Car number and significance-   We always had the #12 but when I came to the MRS Todd (Annarummo) already had it and Art Barry had the  reverse (21) so I added them together and got 33. 12/21 is also my birthday, so it works that way too.

Current division -  Valenti Modified Racing Series

Car owner-   My father Rob Richardi Sr.and I co-own the car.

Chassis Builder-   SPAFCO   (Ken Barry)

Crew Chief -  Rob Richardi Sr.

Crew Names -  Shawn Mcneill, David Richardi, Jason Smith,  Bobby Sundell, David Lomastro, Mike Damiano

Sponsors -  Spicy Mikes-Kingston,N.H.    Sundell's Citgo-Easton,MA.    Barrington Promotions-Cranston,R.I.   
                    Long Island Mod Maniac,Riverhead,N.Y.

Favorite Food -  Steak or Venison

Favorite Type of Music -  Rock / Metal   Some country now and then

Favorite Sport Other Than Racing -    Hockey / Football


Favorite Track  -  Monadnock Speedway, We have had a lot of success there in the past.

Years In Racing -   16

How Did You Get Started -   I saw my first race at NHMS when I was a little kid and ever since that day I wanted to race.

Past Divisions -   Mini Cup and Pro 4 Modified
Awards / Wins / Championships -   I have 22 wins and 1 championship to date

What Has Been Your Goal In Racing -  Since I have been racing my goal is to do the best we can every week and improve.

What Other Driver / Owner / Person Has Been An Inspiration  -  I have been lucky enough to be around some incredible people in racing. It's hard to give credit to just one. I learned a lot about driving and being smooth and how to adapt to different tracks from Jeff Zuidema who I was lucky enough to race against many times, ( I never did get a chance to beat him at Monadnock). I also have to give credit to one of the smartest crew chiefs I have ever worked with, John Mckenna. John has taught me so much in the sense of how the car reacts to certain adjustments and what changes to make and so much more. He is a wealth of knowledge and I was fortunate to have spent so much time working with him as I have.

What Is The Best Advice You Have Ever Gotten -  "Have Fun"  Jeff Zuidema
Story by Jim Snape
photos by Simply the Best, Crystal Snape

No comments:

Post a Comment