Thursday, July 9, 2015

Getting to Know George Sherman

Posted by Wayne G. Barber

Getting To Know by Jim Snape
Valenti Modified Racing Series driver George Sherman.
photos by Crystal Snape
This veteran driver who has turned numerous laps on many New England speedways with much success now wheels the expertly prepared number 93 MRS modified.
Name – George Sherman.
Age – 63.
Hometown – Framingham, Mass.
Occupation – Body shop owner/manager.
Spouse – wife, Karen – daughters, Jennifer and Lisa – grandkids, Ainsley, Kaeli, Jayden, Adeline, Jacob.
Car number – 93.
Current division – MRS, tour type modified.
Chassis builder – Troyer.
Engine builder – Harry Kourafas.
Car owner – George Sherman.
Crew chief – Harry Kourafas.
Crew – Gary Sherman, Kathy Kourafas, Timmy and Tommy Devine, back at the shop Dave Cavicchi.
Sponsor – Station Road Auto Body.
Favorite food – Steak.
Favorite music – Rock 'n roll and a little bit of country.
Favorite sport, other than racing – Is there other ones?
Favorite track – I like them all.
How many years in racing – 25.
How did you get started – My father taking me to the races when I was a kid and helping my brother and a friend with their cars. When they stopped racing I had to buy a car for myself.
What other divisions have you run – Pro four modified.
Awards, wins, championship. – 2004 and 2005 championships. Wins at Monadnock, Lee USA, Hudson and Waterford Speedways.
What is your goal in racing – Have fun and enjoy it.
What driver/owner/person has inspired you – My father and Harry Kourafas.
What is the best advice you have ever gotten – I've been given a lot of good advice over the years and had met a lot of good people in the racing community.

photos by Crystal Snape



 

No comments:

Post a Comment