Friday, September 4, 2015

Emily Packard Eager to Run the 37th Coca-Cola Labor Day Classic at Thunder Road

Posted by Wayne G. Barber

EAST MONTPELIER, Vt. –
 Concentrating on running the American Canadian Tour this season, Packard and the Northstar Fireworks/Packard Fuels team are looking forward to returning to Thunder Road this weekend to race in the 37th Coca-Cola Labor Day Classic 200.  Packard's last race at Thunder Road was in the Governor's Cup race back on July 9th, so she is more than ready for this weekend's return.  "Thunder Road is only 15 minutes down the road from my house," Packard said, "but this season I have found myself going to the track and cheering on my cousins.  It's been tough to be sitting in the grandstands and not be out there racing.  However, when a wreck happens, I sure am glad that I'm not out there at that point, but I sure have missed running there weekly."    This weekend will mark Packard's third time in running this annual Labor Day race, with hopes to better her 26th place finish from last year.  "We haven't had a lot of good luck racing this race," said Packard, "but we are hoping that we can change that this weekend.   It will be great to get back to see my fans and to give my sponsors some recognition close to home.  I always enjoy running here, so I am looking forward to getting back on the track on Sunday."   This weekend's race will also serve as a preparation for the next American Canadian Tour race on the schedule, Autodrome Chaudière, which is a quarter mile high banked track.  "The last two tracks on the tour have been bigger than Thunder Road," Packard said, "so hopefully this weekend will help prepare me some for Chaudière."  Packard and the 9xME Northstar Fireworks/Packard Fuels team head to Vallée-Jonction, QC Canada on September 12th for a 200 lap double header with PASS. 

The front gates at Thunder Road open this Sunday at 10 am, with late model practice going off at 10:25 am.  Heats are scheduled to begin at 1:30 pm.  Follow along on social media if you aren’t able to make it out to this Labor Day classic race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment